King and Queen of baking Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood, from the hit TV show Great British Bake Off, are back by popular demand after selling out their live demonstrations at last year’s record-breaking event.
The couple will join firm festival favourites Michael Caines and James Martin at this year’s foodie extravaganza which takes place over the August Bank Holiday weekend, from Friday, August 23 to Monday, August 26.
A new addition to this year’s line-up is top Italian chef and restaurateur Aldo Zilli who specialises in Italian and vegetarian cuisine and has appeared on numerous TV shows.
Mary and Paul will perform their demos together on Saturday, August 24 in a dedicated marquee on Victoria Square.
Mary said: “I received such a warm welcome from the people of Bolton last year that I was only too happy to return to the food and drink festival in August.
“Everyone was so friendly and it was heartening to see so much interest in the art of baking.”
Paul added: “I was very impressed with Bolton and in particular their award-winning market.
“There was an abundance of fresh, local produce on offer and I am thrilled to be making a return visit. I look forward to seeing people at our demos.”
The festival, which attracted more than 102,000 visitors last year, will be launched by the two-Michelin starred chef Michael Caines on the Friday, followed by Aldo Zilli on the Sunday and Saturday Kitchen presenter and chef James Martin on the Monday.
Aldo said: “I’m really looking forward to coming to the Bolton Food and Drink Festival and cooking up some delicious Italian food. I’m passionate about fresh and local produce, so I can’t wait to see what Bolton has to offer.”
Tickets go on sale in May. To keep up-to-date with the latest festival news, visit the website or follow the hashtag #boltonfoodfest on Twitter.
You can also follow me on Twitter @SarahLPoole for festival and more foodie updates!